Archive for the ‘Social Media Marketing’ Category
April 13, 2010
How American Businesses are Using Social Media Marketing
A 2009 CMO survey conducted by Duke University and the American Marketing Association provides insights into how firms are presently using social media in their marketing strategy.
1. 65.4% firms use social networking sites like Facebook and LinkedIn
2. 52.3% use video and photo sharing sites like Youtube and Flickr
3. 50.9% blog
4. Social Media marketing spending expected to grow by 300% in 5 years
5. 81.1% firms use social media for brand awareness and building
6. 55.8% use social media to acquire new customers
7. 51.9% introduce new products and services
8. 47.6% use social media to retain current customers
9. Traditional advertising is projected to decrease by 7.9% while internet marketing is slated for a 9.5% increase.
To see more results from the Duke University/AMA study, click here.
If you’re not currently using sites like Facebook and LinkedIn, you should consider. They are one of the simplest ways to ease into social media and they are free. Blogging is also a way to increase your brand visibility and engage your customers you can also do this yourself, or outsource. Social media is ever changing with great frequency, and continually introducing new tools and online avenues for reaching new customers. Are you currently using social media in your strategic marketing? If so, what have you found to be the most effective?
April 29, 2010
Posterous offers simplicity in posting content online to a variety of social media sites.
I love discovering new technology, and while Posterous is not exactly new – they first launched in 2008, it’s new to me. I’ve had fun exploring it’s many options today.
20 Things You Can Do With Posterous
- Create a website
- Share photos
- Post videos
- Share a variety of file formats including: .doc, .ppt, .pdf, .jpg, .gif, .png, .mp3, .avi, .mpg … and More!
- Turn a URL into an active link, even embedded a video if that is what the link is for!
- Autopost: You have the option to send one email and post simultaneously to your Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Flickr, and social bookmark.
- Make a private site, shared only with readers you select.
- Make a group site where family, friends, colleagues, associates, and fans can all contribute without creating an account.
- Add tags.
- Broadcast iTunes-ready podcasts.
- Design your own page or select from available themes.
- Update one site, or all social media sites simply by sending an email.
- You can use a custom domain – or a a semi-branded posterous.com domain.
- Add Google Analytics to track your traffic.
- Add Feedburner to track your RSS feed and see who is reading your feeds.
- Add a widget to your blog.
- Invite friends/colleagues/family to join you on your page.
- Run polls and surveys using Polldaddy and Poll Everywhere.
- Access through your mobile device.
If you can send an email, you can Posterous!
Email is the single power engine behind using Posterous. As the developers of Posterous explain on their website, “We think email is *the best* way to publish online. You have it at home, work, and on your mobile device. It’s integrated into all the applications you already use. And you can attach any and all files for easy posting.”
What You Should Know About Getting Started with Posterous:
- It’s free!
- You get 1 GB of space to get started – more if you need it.
- Getting started is as easy as sending an email! You have several email addresses to choose from based on whether you wish to update one site, or multiple social media sites.
- You can customize the design of your website using either themes Posterous offers, or upload your own logo and set your page colors, and the more advanced can even add their own CSS.
- It literally takes just a few minutes to get started using Posterous!
- To get started, simply go to: http://posterous.com –OR– email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Will you use Posterous? For business, social, sports, ministry, or another use? If so, send me a link to your page too!
Meet me at Posterous by visting my page: http://breezemarketingmedia.posterous.com